Notice of Merger
We are pleased to inform our patients that Drs Blair, Secrett & Coombs Practice and Drs Pilsworth & Rolinski’s Practice will be merging on the 1st of April 2022. We have been carefully considering the feasibility of a merger for some time and have the approval of the HSCP and Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board.
The new surgery will be called Denbridge Medical Practice
We hope you will find the following information helpful in answering some questions you may have.
Why are you merging practices?
As we are sure you are aware, over the past few years, there has been increased pressure placed upon General Practice. The increasing elderly population, the growth in long term conditions and the need to move more work from secondary care into the community means that General Practice needs to expand and innovate to absorb this increased workload. Whilst both practices are performing very well they are under strain. We believe that the best way to continue to offer our patients an innovative, sustainable, quality service into the future is to merge our practices
What does the merger mean for patients?
- Improvements to the overall range and quality of services to patients.
- Improved access to services.
- Improved access to more clinical staff for patients.
- Improved patient choice.
How will this merger affect my care?
- There will be no detrimental effect to the care that you receive.
- You can continue to see the same doctor that you see at the moment.
- You will have a wider choice of which doctor to see.
- There will be no reduction in services.
Can I still see my usual GP or Nurse?
- Yes, you can still see your usual GP or Nurse.
How will you provide enough appointments?
- The practice team will regularly review the number of appointments available: GP and nurse appointments will not be reduced.
Do I need to re-register with my GP?
- You will not need to do anything; the merger has no effect on your registration and your entitlement to NHS care.
Would I have to stay with the merged practice?
- No, if you do not wish to remain with the merged practice you are free at any time to register with another GP practice, provided you live within their practice catchment area
Updates will be available in the form of postings on the websites, posters in the waiting room, text alerts, and on the right- hand side of prescriptions.
Please provide us with an up to date mobile number to ensure you receive important text alerts.